There are 5 of them in Amsterdam and their number is growing, like their popularity: city beaches. To get there you don’t have to travel far, there’s always one in the neighbourhood.
Just to be clear, these are no ‘real’ beaches. There is sand and water indeed, but there’s no real see or ocean; just a fresh water pond or lake.
But still it is great to be at one of these city beaches on a sunny day, or even better: a warm summer night.
- Roest, Czaar Peterstraat 213, 1018 PL Amsterdam, 020-3080283
- Strand Noord/Pllek, 200 meters from NDSM ferry, 06-49386 338
- Blijburg aan zee, Muiderlaan 101, 1087 VA Amsterdam, 020-4160330
- Strand Zuid, Europaplein 22, 1078 GZ Amsterdam, 020-6392589
- Strand West, Stavangerweg 900, 1013 AX Amsterdam, 020-6826310